We offer the full range of funeral and memorial services. Listed below are descriptions of some of our common services, many of which are also included with our packages. Two basic packages are included below as well. For more detailed and specific packages, please refer to the links on the left.
Basic Services of Funeral Director, Staff and Overhead
The fee for our basic services and overhead will be added to the total cost of the funeral arrangements you select. (This fee is already included in our charges for direct cremations, immediate burials, forwarding and receiving remains and packaged services.) The basic service fee includes charges for service we perform in conducting an arrangement conference, planning the funeral, securing the necessary permits, obtaining certificates, local filing, preparing the notices, coordinating the cemetery, crematory or other third party arrangements, staff attention to funeral inquiries, general clerical staff, holding room after remains are brought to mortuary, and use of mortuary service related items.
Embalming is a chemical process which provides temporary preservation of the body and helps eliminate health hazards. A person licensed by the state must complete this procedure. Except in certain cases, embalming is not required by law. Embalming may be necessary, however, if you select certain funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with viewing. If you do not want embalming, you usually have the right to choose an arrangement that does not require you to pay for it, such as a direct cremation or immediate burial.
Other Care of the Deceased
- Dressing, casketing, and cosmetology of embalmed remains
- Dressing and casketing ONLY of unembalmed remains
- Washing and disinfection of unembalmed remains
- Care after autopsy or organ donation
- Refrigeration in lieu of embalming
- Pacemaker removal
Directing Services and Use of Facilities
- Supervised viewing of unembalmed remains (on cot 1/2 hour only - immediate family)
- Use of facility for visitation and services of Funeral Director/staff in supervising visitation for a visitation period (typically Monday through Friday until 8pm; Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 1-5pm)
- Use of facility for funeral service and services of Funeral Director/staff in supervising and directing funeral in our Chapel
- Service of Funeral Director/staff in supervising and directing funeral services in a facility other than one of our Chapels
- Use of facility for Memorial Service and services of Funeral Director/staff in supervising and directing Memorial Services in one of our Chapels
- Equipment and Service of Funeral Director/staff for Memorial Service in facility other than one of our Chapels
- Equipment and Service of Funeral Director/staff in supervising and directing Graveside Service
- Overtime charges for Saturday, Sunday, Holidays 5-8pm
- Special hours additional charge (per hour after 8pm)
- Outside mortuary use of facilities and staff for viewing, visitation or services
Transportation Including Equipment, Services & Related Charges
- Removal and transfer of remains to funeral home
- Second attendant for home removal
- After hours, weekends and holidays (additional)
- Oakland, Santa Clara County, San Francisco Removal
- Travel outside service area* (see note below)
- Use of Funeral Coach and Driver
- Use of family limousine and driver (3 hr. maximum)
- Flower vehicle and driver
- Procurement vehicle and driver (Certificate car)
- Emergency certificate filing vehicle and driver
- Additional transportation charges:
*Note: additional charges for distances over a 20 mile radius.
- Delivery of cremated remains to cemetery...
- Transfer remains to/from San Jose, Oakland, San Francisco Airport...
- San Francisco Consulates, paperwork and driver
We offer many different styles and prices of adult caskets, infant/children caskets, rental caskets, shipping containers, and alternative containers from which to select. (A complete price list is available upon request at the funeral home). Since many caskets that appear similar in appearance may differ greatly in quality and construction, we offer the following information in order to assist you in making an informed decision.
Protective - These caskets are designed by the manufacturer to resist the entrance of air, water and other outside elements. They may be constructed of varying gauges of steel, copper or bronze.
Non-Protective - These caskets are not designed by the manufacturer to resist the entrance of air, water and other outside elements. They may be constructed of metal, hardwood or wood products covered with fabric.
Memorial Package (register book, 100 prayer cards, 1 box of 25 acknowledgement cards, special pallbearer thank you cards)
Memorial Register Book
Preprinted Memorial Folders
Thomas Kinkade Memorial Sets
Custom Prayer Cards
Custom Memorial Folders
Custom Portraits and Frames
Life Memorial DVDs
Casket Panel Inserts
Casket Statues and Plaques
Catholic Religious Articles (rosary, crucifix)
Jewish Shivah Candles
Person to Officiate Service